Positive thoughts on the forthcoming year: I have a totally fresh start in a new country.
And if I manage to screw that up, I have another totally fresh start in another country.
It’s gotta work out well somewhere!
first thought, best thought
The Egregiously OverlookedUnderappreciated Individuals:
Hugh James Calum Laurie (1959-)
"In the past I used to worry that he beat himself up too much. Goodness knows cockiness and conceit are unattractive, but I used to have to spend so much time telling him how great he was. I won’t go so far as to say that he now knows how great he is, but he’s a lot less prone to tearing into himself than he once was."
- Stephen Fry
Purple: 10 facts about my room
1. The walls are covered with all kinds of stupid things I’ve acquired through the years which I’ve never had the heart to throw away.
2. I have too many Ramones posters.
3. It is more pink than I would ever have chosen. (very)
4. There’s a pretty cool old style openy-closey desk here that I stole from my brother’s room years ago. It’s probably my favourite thing in here. My best friend and I graffittied all sorts of stupid things on it many years ago, it’s kinda cute.
5. I have some random instruments hanging about: my favourite is my ocarina.
6. There’s a small shrine with a soap cow which has been here for many years and was originally brought from Japan for me. I do not understand why I’m worshiping a soap cow, but I started and so I shall continue.
7. Minas Tirith is a fixture on my windowsill.
8. I have a pile of books on top of a pile of books on top of a pile of books which is getting quite hazardous. More storage space is a need O.O
9. Due to thin blinds and a front facing room, my conception of a darkened room has always involved a healthy orange street glow, in which everything can still be seen. Others disagree.
10. I think I’ve run out. But you get the idea. My room’s alright.
Thank you for asking!!
Astronomical Clock. Old Times Square, Prague